Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

I wanted a dozen kids: Madhuri

Sethu-from-cbI
    Sethu-from-cbI
    Admin
    Admin

Number of posts : 1761
    Top poster :
    I wanted a dozen kids: Madhuri Left_bar_bleue50 / 10050 / 100I wanted a dozen kids: Madhuri Right_bar_bleue

Registration date : 2007-07-24

Character sheet
    sparkle:

I wanted a dozen kids: Madhuri Empty I wanted a dozen kids: Madhuri

Post by Sethu-from-cbI Sun May 11, 2008 10:23 am

Most would aspire to win an award like Padma Shri when they grow up. Madhuri Dixit Nene wanted none of it. She only wanted to have kids when she was older – and 12 of them! Says the actress who received the fourth highest civilian award in India, “I have never aspired for awards.

I have seen people rallying for awards but I have never been a part of this politics. But my husband is very proud of me. When I got the letter from India, he asked me what is Padma Shri. When I explained the honour, he was so awed!”
    Madhuri goes on to reveal that as a kid, she had an absolutely different list of must-dos. “Even as a kid, I talked of growing up and having kids as I love children. I used to tell my mother that I want to have 12 kids. But after two, I just gave up the idea,” she laughs. Mother of five-year-old Arin and three-year-old Ryan, the actress says her kids make her feel beautiful. “When I was carrying Arin, I was nervous, apprehensive and very happy. But the first time I held him in my arms, it all felt so worth it.”

And how do they take to their mommy’s return to films and her work? “Some time back, when we had gone to Siddhivinayak Temple, I thought both my sons would be scared of the shutterbugs. But they loved the importance they got! You should have seen them pose,” she laughs. “Whenever Arin saw action and sad stuff in a movie, he would ask me, ‘why did that man kill that lady, she was nice?’ I would tell him that it is all pretence. This is not for real. So when he got to know that I am an actress by profession, he asked me, ‘are you my real mother?’ I laughed for a while and said, ‘yes I am your real mother!’”

Current date/time is Wed May 01, 2024 7:36 pm